Panaseer is seeking ambitious and exceptional software engineers to join our CTO team. We’re on a mission to build big data platforms drawing on cutting-edge open-source technologies to ingest and analyse large volumes of data to derive cyber security insights for our customers. Working with our team of data scientists and web developers, you’ll be designing and building big data infrastructures, systems and applications using exciting new technologies such as Spark and Hadoop. We don’t expect you to walk in the door with big data skills but you’ll have a hunger to learn these and any other technologies we need to get the job done.
As a team, we’re dedicated to delighting our customers and we’re looking for engineers who are as passionate about delivering high-quality and usable products as we are. We’ll look to you to build fruitful relationships with our clients to develop a deep understanding and empathy towards their needs and translate these into product features.
A delivery focus is deeply engrained in our culture. The 80-20 rule is central to the way we work to make sure we’re productive. We’re looking for results-driven candidates who are ready to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in to get stuff done. You’ll take ownership of rapid iterative delivery of technical projects and be responsible for quality, while knowing when to resort to pragmatic solutions to ship on time.
We rely on the whole team to take the initiative to drive the company forward on all fronts. From a software development perspective, you’ll be obsessed about implementing and enforcing best practices, and improving the team, infrastructure and operations we have in place to deliver software.
We’re a small team and we try not to take ourselves too seriously. We’re looking for new teammates who we can get along with so interpersonal skills matter to us. Given the range of internal and external stakeholders we closely engage with, we need candidates who are confident communicators who can articulate complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
So, if you’re looking to work in a fun and supportive team of talented technicians; get your hands on building complex big data systems with a diverse technology stack; have a say in the direction of the product and see the product’s impact on our customers and work in a company with ambitious plans, Panaseer might be the right opportunity for you.
The ideal candidate must have a mix of skills and experience in the following areas:
- Strong programming skills in Java 8 or a similar object-oriented language. Knowledge of Shell or Python scripting is a bonus.
- Familiarity with common Java libraries and frameworks such as Spring, ORM, JDBC and JMS.
- An understanding of the end-to-end software development lifecycle from requirements analysis to design, implementation, quality assurance and delivery.
- A thorough appreciation of testing approaches and building test automation is highly desirable.
- Experience working in lean / agile development teams, ideally in a continuous delivery environment.
- Exposure to modern engineering tooling such as IDEs, task management and automated build pipelines based on source control, dependency management and continuous integration systems.
- Not only will you be building solutions, you’ll be delivering them to our customers so we’re expecting you to be comfortable using Linux and have an awareness of technology operations in an enterprise setting.