Panaseer is seeking a Data Scientist to join our diverse technical team consisting of software engineers, front-end developers, cyber security strategists and more data scientists! We are on a mission to deliver to our customers, a unique perspective on how their organizations are coping with the latest cyber security threats and drive forward future security strategy. Through the analysis of security-relevant data our insights are changing the way customers perceive the challenge security poses.
We are building a data platform that enables the exploration, analysis and investigation of security data using innovative big data technologies such as Spark and Hadoop. With their data visualised through our intuitive user interface, security leaders and operations teams can interact with and interpret their data in ways they never could before.
You will be joining the technical team to help us deliver repeatable, data-driven quantitative analysis of cyber security data to understand security strengths, gaps and priorities and use this information to support a range of stakeholders. The analysis you deliver will:
• Inform board level decisions on the allocation of security budgets
• Measure the effectiveness of security and identify issues with existing security policies/strategies
• Build a consolidate view of risk across our customer base
• Detect previously undiscovered threats originating both inside and outside the organisation
As well as creating new insights you will be required to find new and innovative ways to communicate the insight to our users. You will be developing intuitive visualisations that users can interact with and help them to explore their data, build meaningful journeys and ultimately tell better stories to security leaders.
Don’t worry, you don’t have to know anything about cyber security. We can teach you everything that’s relevant for the job. All we ask is that you are inquisitive, passionate about data and motivated to succeed.
We’re a highly collaborative, supportive and friendly team and we’re looking for new members who value these qualities and will actively contribute to maintaining the great work environment we’ve built so far. Given the range of internal and external customers we engage with, we need people who are confident communicators and who can articulate complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
So, if you are interested in taking on some of the most pressing problems in Cyber Security using state of the art technology as part of a fun and talented team, then get in touch and find out more about Panaseer’s vision and how you could help us deliver it!
A mix of experience in the following areas is essential:
• Educational background in a Mathematics, Statistics, Physical Sciences, Computer Science, Information Security or Engineering
• Experience with programming languages such Python, R, SQL, Perl or equivalent analysis tools
• A strong passion for answering hard questions with data but with a flexible approach that encourages pragmatic solutions
• Experience in developing and testing hypotheses through the preparation (e.g. feature engineering) and analysis of data
• Proven application of analytical techniques
• Strong presentation and communication skills and comfortable discussing analytical methods and results
It would be great, although not essential, if you had:
• Hadoop (HDFS, Hive, HBase, Spark/PySpark, MLLib) expertise
• Practical experience of the PyData stack for analytics/machine learning (e.g. scikit-learn, Pandas, Numpy, MatPlotLib, SciPy)
• Knowledge or experience of machine learning techniques
• Knowledge of data visualization tools such as Tableau, QlikView or equivalent
• Experience working in Agile development environments
• Demonstrable experience working in a security role with subject matter expertise in one or more areas of cyber security